Friday, October 09, 2015

Art and Artist Perception

A good artist has an uncanny perception power, everyone who knows something about life knows this! Yet, to benefit from artist perception, you can only approach them via their art. What most people don't know is that even when people have genuine wisdom, they do not necessarily express that wisdom properly in ``language.'' So do not listen to artist, connect with their art works.

Here is a beautiful example:

''... I brushed him out for a long time, talking to him, and he pushed at me with his nose. I could feel him relaxing. I didn't give him a treat, only scratched his belly. I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than having a big, scared animal relax around you.'' ---p. 44, Wounded, Percival Everett



No comments:

Post a Comment

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...