Monday, March 17, 2014

Little One?!

The truth is … almost … that …. there is no truth, really.

I started reading S.J. Watson's ``Before I Go to Sleep,'' at the suggestion of my sister.

The truth about the previous post, [Big One …] , is that I was listening to music last evening and then I missed all those people whom I loved at some point in my life, and just wanted to be close to each one of them, maybe hold them, touch them, and tell them how much I loved them, and I couldn't, so I ended  up cursing them, which is a very natural response.

Everything becomes its opposite, at some point. This is very important. It is also important that we understand outside world by projecting our inner world, but I have written this before, never mind.

Some music from commercials that I liked and found tonight --- they are better in their commercials, lol

1- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry (A carpet cleaner?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGF41ZSr0cI

2- I Will Be There by Odessa (Subaru)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHZ0Oq24Hd8

3- Ladyhawke - Blue Eyes (Verizon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Pucpi8cvo

2 comments:


  1. What I most like about your last two posts is the connection between music and emotion. Music is a common phenomenon that crosses all borders of nationality, race, and culture. A tool for arousing emotions and feelings; Sometimes I think it is far more powerful than language! Maybe it is language of emotions. How can a piece of music show a person feelings and the way he/she feel? You know, you must be an expert in this era! Suppose you are an expert on linking your emotion with a piece of music. I totally understand what is mean. Most of the time, when I want to explain about my feeling and show to people who live around me how it goes; I send some message with this kind of content like what you do here , Singer name with his/her title of Album or music he sing. The ability to predict what is behind this piece of music is depend on a person whether he/she who listen to the music and feel the emotion behind that.

    I listen to all of music you shared in these two posts. I really enjoyed while I was listening to Bijan Mofid ‘ koja Miri folooni’. Actually I rarely listen to this kind of music, but it’s like when my memories are more alive, than I am while I listen to him. It's the hymn to all devastated, lost but so beautiful indeed, souls. This music reminds me of Fridays morning, when I usually go for mountain climbing and in Darband, Shirpala shelter, there is some guy who sing this song and play with his Ney. It is so delightful indeed.

    It's like I have a special feeling for the French video clips you shared, Dernière Danse. It is my French chanson and I feel every word. Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole ,Que d’espérance...

    Anyway, I wish you a life full of songs and music :)

    Best Regards
    Fatemeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, and art in general, are the language of emotions. They come from artist's emotional state and evoke an emotional state in the audience, possibly similar to artist's state. In my experience, people who are in similar stages in their lives, or are dealing with similar internal challenges, respond similarly to art.

    I am glad you liked the video clips and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Freedom, Religion

A couple of days ago I read a discussion between some friends regarding religion, worship, freedom, and slavery. In Farsi and Arabic, the t...