Sunday, July 14, 2013

Deep Dark Sea

``Where there is light, there must be shadow, and where there is shadow there must be light. There is no shadow without light and no light without shadow. Karl Jung said this about `the Shadow' in one of his books: `It is as evil as we are positive ... the more desperately we try to be good and wonderful and perfect, the more the Shadow develops a definite will to be black and evil and destructive ... The fact is that if one tries beyond one's capacity to be perfect, the Shadow descends to hell and becomes the devil. For it is just as sinful from the standpoint of nature and of truth to be above oneself as to be below oneself.'' ---p. 464, 1Q84
I am in front of a dark sea; deep, unsettling, sometimes stormy and wild, sometimes serene and meditative. I tip toe around its shore for a while. Then, I walk slowly in ... more and more ... the water comes up to my knees ... to my waist ... to my chest ... to my neck ... and I feel the sand emptying underneath my feet. Do I take the last step? What will happen if I do? Can I swim the deep dark waters?

The quality of my decision making is changing. Sometimes decisions come from a deep place within, and as long as I trust this place and as long as I do not force my thoughts into action, the decisions are executed with a flow. No, in fact, the decisions are the manifestation of the actions and hence are the flow! I feel a force, an energy, is being released inside me. Is this strange? Not really, the sea, specially a stormy sea can be a good source of energy.

Wind has no morals. It can generate electricity or destroy buildings. To harvest wind's energy, a structure should be in place that would keep its balance amidst strong winds; that would move with the flow of wind, and transform its energy into a useful form. Hence the balance is more fundamental than morality.

Related
December 2011; My starting point: Communicae Darya ; Shadow
Trust ; Good and Evil
The Wild Horse
Revolt
Children Playing

November 2012: Learning about unconscious from psychoanalysis:
http://myimpossibilitytheorems.blogspot.com/2012_11_01_archive.html
Highlights: Addiction , Being in Touch , More on Unconscious
Psychic Agency and Vulnerability!
Ruthlessness and Intimacy


January 2013: Objectivity and subjectivity in decision-making: Found God or Something , Love, Promises, and Freedom
All in, all the way in
Imagination, Art, and Psychoanalysis
Sleep , Fear and Sleep
Revelations: It's in Front of Me
External Conflcits
HELLO PRIMATES!!! [Explicit Content]
Of Monkeys and Men

Acceptance Path:
Stopped fixing myself: How things are ... , Moving on ... , Where I go ... Where I came from , I Will ...
Balance: Freedom , Revelations: Evil Arises from Too Much Goodness ,  Acceptance and Decision-Making ,  Conflicts and Mental Constraints, Part 3: Healing , Good, Bad, and the Balance
Kindness: Baby Questions , The Source , Shadi and 1Q84 , Regrets of a Fascinating Being
Playfulness: Transitional Space ,  Conflicts and Mental Constraints, Part 6: Choice and Agency ,  Conflicts and Mental Constraints, Part 8: Story Telling , Diving Bell and Butterfly , Lie Baby Lie

*********************
Very interesting program from ``On Being":
Restoring the Body: Bessel van der Kolk on Treating Trauma with Yoga, EMDR, and Healing Therapies
http://www.onbeing.org/program/restoring-the-body-bessel-van-der-kolk-on-treating-trauma-with-yoga-emdr-and-healing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...