Sunday, June 16, 2013

Shadi and 1Q84

A few months ago Shadi had a post on losing innocence [Link: http://measer-pear.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-post.html). I read it a couple of times and asked myself, when did I lose my innocence?

Tonight, I read the following paragraph from ``1Q84'':
Sunday collection rounds were an absolute rule: no exceptions, no changes. If he caught a cold, if he had a persistent cough, if he was running a little fever, if he had an upset stomach, his father accepted no excuses. Staggering after his father on such days, he would often wish he could fall down and die on the spot. Then, perhaps, his father might think twice about his own behavior; it might occur to him that he had been too strict with his son. ---p. 90, 1Q84
I had a strange feeling, like remembering something quite vague, after reading this. This wish feels very personal to me.

***************************

And a video clip that I enjoyed very much:

http://vimeo.com/32958521

Traffic in Frenetic HCMC, Vietnam from Rob Whitworth on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...