Monday, April 22, 2013

Revelations: Evil Arises from Too Much Goodness

I had a moment of revelation this morning. I saw that the source of evil is in trying to be perfect, perfectly good. In a way, this is the story of Satan (Shaitaan) in Quran. Satan was not satisfied with being good and imperfect, but wanted to be God and perfect and became the source of evil. We cannot be God, and trying to do so makes us vulnerable to very bad things.

This idea has been around. What I saw today was how this can affect my life. It gives me an appreciation and understanding for imperfections, errors and badness in everyday life, in people around me and in myself. If we can tolerate small dose of badness in our lives and in the lives of people around us, we reduce the possibility of horrible events.

We have had this discussion with Mazz for many years now, that capacity is very important. I did not quite understood before how dangerous is this drive to perfection, to be good beyond one's limits and capabilities.

Have a piece of music, tar improvisations in "Nava", by Jalil Shahnaz. I believe, not sure why, that he is not only a master in tar and traditional Persian music, but also in moderation in life, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sI5qgwnUzs



PS. This is post is not very far from my recent chain of thoughts as in, for example, the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...