Monday, April 01, 2013

Freedom

I cannot announce my freedom. Have you seen people who write on their blogs that ``this is my place and I do/write whatever the hell I want to''? It does not work this way. I have to act freely to practice my freedom. Fall freely in love, express myself freely, and so on.

The balancing element is my capacity. I don't want to go too far beyond my capacity and overwhelm myself. Actions have reactions. If I act freely, I should be ready to deal with the consequences. Limits expand only gradually, or we are left with a broken vessel.

I am feeling poetic tonight. Because I did a simple act of free will. Emptied my backpack at 11:35, found my pencil sharpener, sharpened my pencil, and wrote a little. It felt good.

PS. And I'm listening to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqckrCpYVPs

Franz Schubert String Quintet in C major D956 op 163 Villa Musica Ensemble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...