Friday, April 05, 2013

Baby Questions


  • You are accidentally given the responsibility to look after a little child 
  1. How do you treat the baby? Are you going to be mean, hurt/torture the baby for no reason?
  2. Suppose you really need the baby to do something, how do you go about convincing the baby? Do you use force, logical arguments, bribery, playfulness, sulking, intimidating ...?
  • Now, you are brought into contact with a little child inside yourself. What is your answers to the same questions as above but for that little child inside you?
I was meditating this morning and started to remember different memories of my encounters with the little child inside myself and also little children inside people whom I love. Gradually, these questions formed in my mind and as day passed I realized how important and profound these questions are. 

Of course, these are not questions that you read and answer in a few minutes. You may want to keep them in mind and meditate on them every once in a while. I have a strong intuition that if you persist, they open a path to understanding your self and getting in closer touch with your soul.

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "child inside"? Are you talking about the pureness? the naivete? playfulness? When you said children inside people that you love, I guess you are referring to their pureness sides. Then you treat them the same way that you do with babies - you adore them, and try to not disappoint them. I couldnt find clarity in your posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right, these are not the clearest of my thoughts, they are more like what I feel intuitively

      Delete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...