Monday, January 07, 2013

Found God or Something

I think I have found the equivalent of God in my life, and therefore, I am very excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f5KByRag1g



Here is the observation that lies at the heart of my discovery. There are two ways of making decisions:
First, the way I used to make decisions all my life, which made me frustrated and depressed and hesitant and hopeless, and it starts from "constraints". Constraints are everything that is imposed on us, by the reality of the external world, our parents, our spouses, our culture, society, morals.
Second, an alternative way of making decisions that starts with asking, ``If I could do anything I wanted, what would I like to do? What is it that I really want?'' and once we answer this question, then we look at the constraints and reach a compromise.

Simple, right? But this is easily one of the most fundamental realizations of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...