Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Reminder

This is a follow-up on my last four posts [Fusion?!, Break Through, Living through, and Joy and Sorrow]. I am feeling ecstatic tonight. I have a hope that all I went through in the past few three years is finally paying off. I risked everything: I risked my job and in fact lost my current position at gsu. I risked my marriage but so far have saved it. I went through nights of endless pain and frustration, and got very close to leaving everything and ending my life. But I feel good tonight!

I know it sounds premature and childish. But I want to keep a record of what I am feeling tonight. I reminder for later on, when another storm of disappointment, frustration, and depression seems to be taking everything away. That there are good moments. And there may be some hope at the end.

Tonight, I feel like the following poem from my dear friend, Hafez:

دوش وقت سحر از غصه نجاتم دادند         واندر آن ظلمت شب آب حیاتم دادند
بیخود از شعشعه پرتو ذاتم کردند             باده از جام تجلی صفاتم دادند
چه مبارک سحری بود و چه فرخنده شبی     آن شب قدر که این تازه براتم دادند
بعد از این روی من و آینه وصف جمال        که در آن جا خبر از جلوه ذاتم دادند
من اگر کامروا گشتم و خوشدل چه عجب     مستحق بودم و این‌ها به زکاتم دادند 
هاتف آن روز به من مژده این دولت داد       که بدان جور و جفا صبر و ثباتم دادند
این همه شهد و شکر کز سخنم می‌ریزد      اجر صبریست کز آن شاخ نباتم دادند
همت حافظ و انفاس سحرخیزان بود          که ز بند غم ایام نجاتم دادند






Shajarian and Zolfonoon:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXxrrnpe1Fs















No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...