Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Routines [An unplanned 30-day experiment]

About a month ago, after my encounter with a retired U.S. army colonel [I wrote about it here: Recent Developments] I started two daily routines in the beginning (about two hours) and the end (about an hour) of the day, every day. They have evolved into steady routines in my life and I enjoy doing them. This is a new experience for me because I have not forced myself into doing them. Every day, once I start the routines, I simply do them and just occasionally have to dismiss intervening thoughts. Because I have chosen these routines realistically, it is quite easy to dismiss interfering thoughts. Over time, I may be able to add more to these routines, or maybe not, just keep them as they are.

This, like many of my recent observations/posts, probably seem very trivial and ordinary to most of you. For me, however, there is great amount of wisdom hidden in my new experiences: they are very personal. I am living more content and peaceful, and yet, I am -not- avoiding struggles and challenges. This is a good confirmation for me.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling good. Hope it will get even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aftab banoo jaan!
    There are ups and downs but I hope things get for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...