Friday, April 13, 2012

Another Chapter ...

One year ago, on April 6, 2011, I wrote in this post [A Chapter is closing ...] that my struggles with "love" was over and then a few days later, on April 11, 2011, I announced in this post [Limits, Potentials,and Acceptance] the start of my journey into knowing what I wanted from my life. Well, the first statement (that my struggle with love was over) was somewhat premature. I continued the struggle but it went into the background and the new question (what I want from my life) became the focus of what I have been doing for the past year. (In fact, I realize now that the new question is closely related to the heart's quest and therefore to love.)

A few days ago, on Wednesday, April 11, 2012, I wrote a simple mundane post [TV and more], not realizing that it would mark the end of my last year's journey. An interesting coincidence, right?

But what was my answer? When I started the search I was looking for a passion in my life. Something that consumes me, attracts me to the extent that I become absorbed in it, become a master in it, and it defines my life. I realized that I had a false expectation, that my path in life does not involve a main passion, that I like many small things in life, and I need to keep a delicate balance between all of them. Even though the concept of "mastery" was, and to be honest still is, very seducing but unfortunately it does not apply to me. I like change and variation, and I have done exactly that all my life. Practiced and enjoyed many different things. Nothing is wrong with that, as it is who I am, and I have to live the way suits me best. I like doing many things, to name a few:
  • chatting with my friends (especially females)
  • playing tennis
  • watching TV and movies
  • playing computer games
  • playing guitar and setar
  • swimming
  • Kyudo
  • playing golf
  • reading novels
  • photography
  • dance
  • writing poems
  • drawing and painting
  • watching art works (painting, sculptures,...)
  • eating exotic, new cusines
  • adventures (sky diving, gliding, ...)
  • teaching
  • writing (articles)
None of these can dominate my life. I have to give proper time to each one of them.

A big thank you to all of my friends who helped me in my journey.

What is going to be my quest for the next year or so?

PS 1. Incidentally, I think I understand the Caroline Casey Talk [Looking past limits] differently, hopefully at a deeper level, now.

PS 2. I am not sure when I started my journey in love, possibly in May or June of 2010. The following two posts, [Winds of Change], [I am Ready] on June 25 and 26, 2010, clearly indicate that a change was under way at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...