Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sulking

sulk  (slk)
intr.v. sulked, sulk·ing, sulks
To be sullenly aloof or withdrawn, as in silent resentment or protest.
n. A mood or display of sullen aloofness or withdrawal

sulk [sʌlk]
vb
(intr) to be silent and resentful because of a wrong done to one, esp in order to gain sympathy; brood sullenly  
n

1. (often plural) a state or mood of feeling resentful or sullen  
2. Also sulker a person who sulks

I have been looking for this verb in English.  "Sulking" is my main defense against adversaries in life. Retreating into silence and resentment. That is when I hate myself and others the most. To be fair, a lot of people I know use this same mechanism without admitting it. But I can be candid now, as much as I wish, because I do not give a fuck anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom, Religion

A couple of days ago I read a discussion between some friends regarding religion, worship, freedom, and slavery. In Farsi and Arabic, the t...