Friday, February 17, 2012

Seeking Depression

I do not need to look for happiness, serenity, or peace.
I do not need love, friendship, companion, sympathy, or empathy.
I do not have to be nice, generous, loving, caring, or sincere.

All I need is to sit with my depression and let it take away everything from me, little by little, gradually.
Then, I will look at my naked self in the mirror and ask, ``what else?''
Or, even better, will look death in the eye, ``take me, you moron, whatever is left from me''.

I will laugh hard at my dead body, so hard that my guts will spill out.
I will not even need to know myself, to reach awareness, to accept myself, or anything else.
Nothing will matter anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...