Monday, February 20, 2012

Regret

When it's time to say goodbye
I will miss my dad the most
because I never found the courage
to tell him how much I love him

I' ll ask for their forgiveness,
in my thoughts, and
will tell them that I am tired,
very tired,
that I need to sleep
for a very very long time.

**************

PS. (11:50 p.m.) I slept for an hour after writing the above poem, not a very very long time, and then played an hour of tennis. I felt much better after that, and half an hour ago I called my dad in Iran and told him how much I love him, and forced him to tell me that he loves me :) This item is off my list.

4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how hard it is for us, Iranians, to show emotions to people that matter the most to us. Good job! Although I laughed when I read you had to force your dad to confess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotus jaan, I hope you feel better! or at least catharsic after all this posts and your call. Be nice to you, please and just keep writing beautiful poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the word "catharsis" :)
    I am feeling better the past couple of days, thanks much for kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...