Monday, February 20, 2012

Grading

My mom was a high school chemistry teacher. I have a faint memory of some nights that she brought her students' exams home to grade them. I was in elementary school and I enjoyed helping her with grading: adding grades, entering them, and such. It made me proud in my childhood state to be able to help my mom in such an important matter: her students' exams!

Last night I could not sleep. My mind was running at full speed. So finally I got up and graded exam papers for a couple of hours, and then slept. Today, an email conversation brought back those memories of helping my mom with grading. I simply realized that the memory was among few good ones that I can remember from childhood. I also realized that I actually enjoy grading.

Some simple observations, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...