Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The History of Love

I started reading ``The History of Love,'' by Nicole Krauss. Here is a quote:

``When I came to America I knew hardly anyone, only a second cousin who was a locksmith, so I worked for him. If he had been a shoemaker I would have become a shoemaker; if he had shoveled shit I, too, would have shoveled. But. He was a locksmith." p.4,  The History of Love

PS.  I did not like the book, "The History of Love," ... I could not connect with it even after reading 30 pages and I left it unfinished. I do not recommend it :)

4 comments:

  1. This book seems interesting. Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on page 6 and it is too early to tell.
    But I can tell you that the book I finished a couple of days ago, "Never Let Me Go," by K. Ishiguro was very nice, I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks... I am reading Alchemist for the 2nd time and it is almost down. I was looking to find another book to start. I will try to read TLP every now an then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy Jaan,
    I did not like the book, "The History of Love," ... I could not connect with it even after reading 30 pages and I left it unfinished. I do not recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...