Tuesday, July 26, 2011

چنین کنند بزرگان

از کتاب "چنین کنند بزرگان
آتیلا اصلا آدم مهمی‌ نبود. به همین جهت برای ما روشن نیست که اصولأ چرا دربارهٔ او بحث کردیم. البته کمی‌ شلوغ کاری کرد، اما کارش قوام و دوامی نداشت و برخوردش با مسائل بین‌المللی آن قدرها واقع بینانه نبود؛ به طوری که گاهی منجر به بحرانهای شدید میشد. خودش میگفت "من موشم." در حالی‌ که موش نبود. به علاوه هیچ برازنده یک مرد بزرگ تاریخ نیست که خودش را تا سطح یک موش پایین بیاورد
آتیلا دوست داشت که او را "داس خدا" بنامند، ولی‌ به نظر من عنوانه "دماغ کوفته ای" بیشتر به او می‌‌آمد
آتیلا همچنین میگفت "روی زمینی‌ که من اسب تاخته باشم هرگز علف سبز نخواهد شد؛" و حال آنکه سبز شد

سرگذشت آتیلا به ما می‌‌آموزد که آدم ممکن است چند صباحی شلتاق کند و بگوید من موشم و سیصد و یک زن بگیرد، ولی‌ قدر مسلّم این است که این کارها آخر و عاقبت ندارد


Using "http://www.behnevis.com/en/index.html"

4 comments:

  1. :))))

    My mom lovvvves this book. She has given it as gift to many friends. She has double checked with me a few times that I also have a copy ;)

    I don't think I have read it all... maybe because my history knowledge is not enough to make sense out many things. But, the parts I read, and this that you share, are just so funny. The obvious translation modification of Daryabandari is sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the rare cases that the translation is better than the original, I guess.
    I looked at some pages of the original, it has more of dry and sarcastic humor.

    How are things with you? It's been a while ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so much behind emails/blogs/phone calls/etc! But, everything is all right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that everything is alright, as for the other stuff, just take them easy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...