Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Inaccessible

Morning started dull and uninspiring, but not nearly as awful as yesterday, good. Worked at the coffee shop, bright sun and pleasant weather. Had my lunch at home, alone, listening to Jalil Shahnaz and I realized that every time that I stop eating and look out of the window, I suddenly start to cry, a bit strange.

After the lunch, suddenly, decided to look at a random page of the following book: "Journey to Ixtlan: The Lessons of Don Juan," by Carlos Castaneda. The topic was "being inaccessible" and the story of Carlos's blond girlfriend. Here is a quote from the end:
"A hunter knows he will lure game into his traps over and over again, so he doesn't worry. To worry is to become accessible, unwittingly accessible. And once you worry you cling to anything out of desperation; and once you cling you are bound to get exhausted or to exhaust whoever or whatever you are clinging to." p. 70
Then I thought these are all beautiful ideas but how can I make them operational? Sure by practice!
Practice: Stop tasks and pleasures early, at the peak of comfort and satisfaction, trusting that you will return to them any time you need to. 

On my way to Kyudo, I suddenly felt uplifted and happy, really amazing. During the Kyudo practice, for the first time, I felt something when I watched others shooting. Almost as if I could see their energy. It was cool :)

2 comments:

  1. I am really happy that you are feeling better. take a good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taraaneh Jaan, these are mostly up and downs, but hopefully things will get better over time :)

    ReplyDelete

Freedom, Religion

A couple of days ago I read a discussion between some friends regarding religion, worship, freedom, and slavery. In Farsi and Arabic, the t...