Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Absorbed

An angry and frustrated morning. Went to office. After a while of working, got back on trail. Felt beautiful when I left office after lunch to work at a coffee shop. Afternoon was quite good. Apparently, what I need, when I am angry and frustrated, is to engage my mind in something that absorb it completely. In old days, I used to do this all the time. Left home early morning, worked continuously, only stopped for smoking, until late evening. I do not want to go back to that routine for sure. Have to find a moderate way. Will see.

****************************
Jalil Shahnaz, Tar (with Hossein Tehrani, Tombak), Shiraz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Yyfy1U0Us


k

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything that absorbs my mind completely. For sure, work it is but only when I am in the mood to work. When I start I can continue for hrs.
    If I am reading a good book or watching a comedy, that might do it too but I am not sure if i can do that in moderation.
    As I was writing this I remembered that when I was in Iran, i used to paint and that was such a great meditation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy Jaan,

    I understand you. For the past couple of years I have practiced working in small intervals with moderation. Interestingly, now I am able to start working without much mental preparation, because I now I will work only 10-20 minutes before I take a break. Once I start working, however, my mood changes slowly. After a few periods of working short intervals, I feel much better.

    My main depression periods happen when I do not want to work, i.e. evenings and weekends :) seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...