Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spatial Inconsistency, or Dream in Dream!

About an hour ago, after quite some time, I had a dream in which I was sleeping and had another dream! How is that possible? Here it goes:

I was driving a small car in a country road to a place in mountains. I have been to this place many times in my dreams but do not know if it actually exists or is completely made up by my mind. Then, I started to feel sleepy while driving. Then, I could not see the road anymore, except when I looked down to a place under the steering wheel! At that point, I realized in my dream that something was not quite right. So I pulled over and stopped by the road. Then, suddenly I could see my car in front of me ... as if I was parked perpendicular to the road ... so me and my car were in two places! I saw the traffic behind me was blocked because I had not completely cleared the road, but I could not move the car, because I was not sure in which direction the car would go! Then, I realized that I was dreaming in dream. The waking up process was quite torturous: I had to wake up from the second dream first and then from the first dream!

******

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote the last sentence...I wanted to ask if you needed to follow the orders to wake up from the dreams?

    BTW, you've seen "inception" I suppose, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen "inception", is it on DVD now?

    The last sentence is half serious :) I remember having a lot of difficulty waking up and once I did I was quite tired! I felt as if I had come out of a deep well, then I started remembering my dreams and making some sense out of them ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely see "inception", and yes, I think it is now on DVD. It was supposed to be released early December.
    Have fun watching it :)

    ReplyDelete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...