Monday, December 27, 2010

Peace and Void

REVISED:

A lazy Saturday afternoon
sitting on the couch
feet on the ottoman
listening carelessly to lady friends
watching her preparing tea
snow flakes quiet dance

Something broke

Heard it the next morning
felt it, in my soul
and insatiable need to cry


ORIGINAL:

A lazy Saturday afternoon
sitting on the couch
with my feet on the ottoman

Listening carelessly to our lady friends
a former doctoral student
and a former colleague

Watching Sima preparing tea
and snow flakes quiet dance
I felt something broke

I heard the crack the next morning
and felt the void in my soul
and the insatiable need to cry

********************************

My first painting (in black and white :) - acrylic on canvas

2 comments:

  1. Holidays and the rush after holidays is over. Life is back to normal again, I think. I like you work and I am looking forward to seeing more of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daisy Jaan ... I am not sure my life is going back to normal though ... just kidding :D

    ReplyDelete

Freedom, Religion

A couple of days ago I read a discussion between some friends regarding religion, worship, freedom, and slavery. In Farsi and Arabic, the t...