Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Gambler

I see life as a meaningless game, or gamble, and envision no consequences for my actions. I see it all as a joke, albeit cruel and inhumane.

[I do not know who is the poet, maybe Molana Rumi?]

KHONOK AN GHOMAR BAZI      KE BEBAKHT HAR CHE BOODASH
BE NAMAN HICHASH ELLA        HAVASE GHOMAR DIGAR

Loose translation

I envy the gambler    who has lost all he had
only left with             the desire for another gamble

A friend's translation:

I envy the gambler,  who's lost all he had
All, but the craze,  of yet another game

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite poems.

    Here's how I translate/digest it:

    I envy the gambler,
    who's lost all he had
    All, but the craze,
    of yet another game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I like your translation.
    I assume things are really busy on your end.

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...