Saturday, September 05, 2009

Smoking and more

After almost 30 years of struggling with smoking cigarettes, quitting and picking it up again, feeling a mix of hate and depression and anger, now I have reached peace with it :)

Past few days I got into a bad habit :) and this time, instead of fighting with it, or being judgmental, I am simply observing it and letting it develop as "it" wishes. Let's see what will happen.

2014-12-02: I am still struggling :) Some things never change. Although, it is much easier now to deal with it.

4 comments:

  1. about the first paragraph: tell me about it!! :(

    about the second paragraph: whatever that "it" is, hope you let us know the result of its development :)

    By the way,do you know what Mark Twain said about quitting smoking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I heard it, even though I cannot remember it now.

    I did not quit smoking, I smoke a couple of them per week. If someone told me only a couple of years ago that this will happen, I would not believe it. I was either smoking a few per day, or nothing at all, and always was fighting one way or the other :)

    About "it", I still do not feel secure enough to discuss/be open about it publicly, but I am as curious as you are in seeing what will happen :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are at our best when we come to peace with ourselves. Meaning when we do what like to do. I am against any change to my behavior because "they say so"; it has to come from the within, esp at our age!

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...