Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lost Years

  • Twenty years ago. Preparing for the national exam (KONKOUR). I had come up with a nice schedule of study intervals of 20 min. - 10 min. break. I could go about 10-12 hours a day easily, sometimes up to 16 hours a day! And I enjoyed it ...
  • Got a fabulous result in the exam. Among the best for me. Things changed. I wanted to learn more deeply. One thing led to another. Depression, pessimism, self-doubt ...
  • A couple of months ago. I started working in short intervals (15-5). It feels good and many things started to change, again.
  • Those 20 years ... are lost? I feel that I was simply lucky to get a shot at the rest ... :)
  • Will keep you posted on the result of this new experiment!

3 comments:

  1. Makes sense...I mean either the 20/5 or 15/5 . I need a schedule to work! I have totally lost track of work and a recent vacation doesn't seem to be helping much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the very experience of those moments of studing for KONKOOR! But the difference is it was not 20 years ago! It was about 7 years ago...
    And I know exactly how it feels!

    Thank you for reminding me of those fruitfull moments and good luck with your new experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born,
    there are many critical points to this experiment that i did not mention in the post, to keep it short. they are all in the "nihil nimus" book ...

    Parinaz,

    a lot happened during this 20 years, with a lot of ironies. but this return to a point so many years
    reminds me of a very powerful serbian movie that was based on the idea that "everything goes in circles" ...

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...