Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Report:

  • Arash and family visited us for the Thanksgiving holidays, it was a very pleasant visit and on top of that I learned a lot!
  • Someone broke into Sima's car a few days ago and stole her purse. She lost a few cards, some of them important. This, plus a couple of other events, made the past couple of days very stressful, and I plunged into deep depression a couple of times!!!! But I am very upset with some of my own reactions. In some instances (not always :) I was quite unfair to her: instead of fully supporting her I became critical and judgmental. Even though at those moments I could feel that I was not doing the right thing.
  • I finally spotted the downtown hawk from a close distance (5-10 meters) while she was eating a pigeon, on a very cold morning. Anyway, I believe she is a juvenile, female, cooper hawk. Unfortunately I did not have my camera so the following picture is from web but is very close to what I observed:

6 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the burglary ordeal.

    and i repeat my suggestion: get a camera cellphone. You would carry that all the time no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cellphone camera is not fair ... to the object being photographed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasant trip for all of us too. It's interesting to hear your learning experience as I learned a lot during those days. More interesting is how these learning takes place with not explicit communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, I love these birds too. Even though I am a huge admirer of them, a while ago, walking with my partner, I noticed something very amusing that I have to share it with you:

    We were walking down the street when I noticed some odd flying patterns of some crows on the tall edge of the roof of one of the office buildings. Interested, I noticed a small hawk, sitting on that edge and being attacked by a flock of circling crows. It stayed there for some rounds of attacks and flew off after.

    I was so amazed by the team action from the cows side that I started cheering and applauding the creatures like a mad man clapping his hands on the street and shouting and talking to some invisible audience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the smaller crows are super aggressive, I have seen them chasing hawks that are much bigger than them!

    To me nature is amazing, most valuable lessons can be learned from nature ...

    ReplyDelete

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...