Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Interesting Quote

A book I am reading, Nihil Nimus, has this quotation from another book!

"If aspects of the person remain undigested---cut off, denied, projected, rejected, indulged, otherwise unassimilated---they become the points around which the core forces of greed, hatred, and delusion attach themselves ... As Wilhelm Reich demonstrated in his groundbreaking work on the formation of character, the personality is built on these points of self-estrangement ; the paradox is that what we take to be so real, our selves, is constructed out of a reaction against just what we do not wish to acknowledge. We tense up around that which we are denying, and we experience ourselves through our tensions." Mark Epstein

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! But I have to read it all over again. Some words are too amazing to understand easily!
    :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I have read it a few times and still enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...