Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stravinsky

I was writing a comment on a friends weblog when I realized that I do not really know Stravinsky's music ... so I searched in an online collection of his music and discovered his Pulcinella (ballet and suite). I found the work much more accessible than what I expected from him with very beautiful melodies which reminded me of the Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" suite. In this post I have mentioned a very impressive performance of "Pictures ..." by "Nami Ejiri", highly recommended!

The second part (movement) in the Pulcinella is fantastic, dramatic, and nostalgic: "Suite de Pulcinella: II. Serenata", both with and without voice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...