Monday, September 22, 2008

Spivey Hall

My new discovery, after a long time of looking for a place in Atlanta for chamber music, is the "Spivey Hall" at the Clayton State University.

Last Saturday, we went to an excellent cafe-bakery (Alon's) to enjoy the beautiful, mild weather. I was looking at the weekend events in a local paper (Creative Loafing) to find something that Sima would like when I saw that "Deadalus Quarter" would have a performance of "HAYDN String Quartet in G minor, Op. 20 No. 3; JANACEK String Quartet No. 2, "Intimate Letters"; SCHUBERT "Trout" Quintet in A major, D 667" that evening in Spivey Hall! Even though I felt guilty, but ultimately I convinced Sima to come to the concert with me, and so did we.
I was already familiar with Hayden's quartet's and specially Schubert Trout quintet. The performance was good, but more importantly I found out that Spivey Hall has a series of impressive performances lining up in Fall and Spring: "Bach Festival" , "Guitar Performances","Small Orchestra", just look at the list, it is beyond description, amazing!!!!
Well, if you are planning to be in Atlanta, and interested in such performances, make sure to check them out, hopefully I will be there for some of them :)

PS.
LAGQ performs this Friday, September 26 at 8 p.m. in Schwartz Center, Emerson Concert Hall (at Emory) They are very good!

Next Friday, the first part of Complete performance of Beethoven's cello sonata's, Friday Oct 3 at 8 pm in Schwartz Center. These pieces (for cello-piano) are excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...