Thursday, September 06, 2007

Death and the Maiden

I like Franz Schubert, really, it's just that his works sound very beautiful initially but lose their strength after a few times! Here are my two favorites (I do not listen to big orchestra pieces often, so I have no idea about his symphonies,...)

1- Sonata for Cello and Piano, D. 821, "Arpeggione"
I have listened to the Cello-Piano version, but the guitar-violin version is even better, or more romantic? :)

2- Death and the Maiden (German: Der Tod und das M├Ądchen)
This is a very strong string quartet. "Roman Polanski" has made a film with the same title, "death and the maiden", which is based on Ariel Dorfman's acclaimed play of the same name. I liked it a lot, when I saw it a few years ago! I think this is among very good performances of "Sigourney Weaver" (after "Aliens" of course!!:) By the way, she attended "Stanford" and got her masters from Yale?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...