Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

On a Sunday afternoon
feeling blue is not news

I look at a happy couple
and it hits me
I hate myself
therefore I exist

I look at the laughing woman
and I think
she would be happy
without the man

Where should I look inside
for a source of love
and empathy
... So lost in my self

* * *

I remember the time
an undergrad in S.U.T.
hungry for attention
for love

I remember raging back and forth
between home and school
this friend and that
many times a day

I remember looking for sympathy
an escape from darkness
a reason to be happy
and calm

I remember
and I think
how simple-minded

I remember
and I wonder
what has changed
in fifteen years

No comments:

Post a Comment

Body Intelligence

As Lucy reflected on her outrageous behavior of the night before, the memory only served to draw her upward, like a flower toward the sun...