Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kings and Queen

I am not a fan of French new wave cinema. I prefer a good US movie to a good French movie in general, but I liked this one:

Kings and Queen (2005): Allmovie and Metacritic

The director (in DVD interview section) praises American movies, and mentions that his idea of making this film has been to combine an American type, melo-drama, with a more comic approach! Anyway, he also mentions " Fran├žois Truffaut " a few times, the way made me curious to check him out. I am not sure I have seen any movie from Truffaut. have seen, a few years ago, "Breathless" (1960) directed by "Jean-Luc Godard" and screen story by "Truffaut". I did not remember that I liked it particularly ... I don't have a good impression from "Godard", too artistic for my taste ...

In contrast, this is supposedly a very good Turkish movie that I did not like much:

Distant (2002) : Allmovie

Unfortunately ?! I did not like "Capote" either ... what's my excuse for this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clear Shallow Water

I started reading this novel, `` The Driver ,'' by Hart Hanson , and I did not like it much and decided to stop. But then I came ba...